This past Tuesday was the season opener (after some weather delays) for the Edmonton mountain bike series, Fat Tire Tuesdays, put on by Hardcore Bikes. The races are held at Terwilliger Park on some of Alberta’s best urban mountain bike trails. The course and the series is designed to accommodate both novice and experienced riders, and offers a range of race lengths of from 2 to 4 laps of a ~10 to15 minute course. I rode in the three-lap race last Tuesday, and it was awesome, challenging climbs, tight single track, tooth-rattling rooty down-hills, screaming fans, food, and draw prizes to boot. All you need to race is a safe and functional mountain bike or cyclocross bike, a proper helmet, 5 bucks, and a club affiliation (Fiera Race Team for example). Honestly folks, anyone who has time on Tuesdays, and has access to a mountain bike is a fool not to be on the starting line at 7:00pm, for the second most fun to be had on two wheels. Photos from last Tuesday can be viewed here.
- We're sad to announce that the won't be a Kettle Cross race in 2015. We hope to be back in 2016. Thanks for your support over the last 3yrs! 2 years ago
- RT @WpgCX2014: Next episode of #CXTV coming later today. We talk with Manitoba's own rising CX star @willem_cx. http://t.co/5ksgriwFeX 3 years ago
- Some sweet finish line acrobatics #KCX2014 http://t.co/0lOvlxEnPI 3 years ago
Join Us!Like what you see? Want to become a member? Send us an email
Recent ResultsJust finish a race? Tell us about it.
- ERROR: Tried to load source page, but remote server reported "403 Forbidden".
- Click on the top link to get the complete calendar. Have a race you want to add? Send us an e-mail.