- What is your hometown?
Born in Edmonton, raised in Kelowna. Moved to Edmonton in September 2009 for school and very happy that I did.
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
Bacon, Waffles, Coffee.
- What disciplines do you race in?
Triathlon, running, and cycling.
- Why do you race?
Because it’s so much fun! I love the feeling of my adrenaline (nervousness) rising as I toe start line. The atmosphere is very special. People congregate and attempt to push themselves to the limit and get cheered or heckled to get to that limit.
- What are your goals for this season?
(1) Ride at least 180 km (during a single ride) before the summer is out. (2) Run another 40:00 minute 10k off the bike.
- Name three songs that are getting heavy play on your training playlist right now.
- What is your most noteworthy training or racing achievement?
Qualifying for ITU Age-Groups Worlds in Auckland NZ last year in Edmonton. Also sneaking under the 90 minute mark for a half marathon.
- What’s your secret for going fast?
Practice makes perfect. Ride more. Run more. To quote a Jeff Symonds “Half-ass practice gets us nowhere while with deliberate practice gets us the results we dream of.”