While the worlds best men on bikes get set to contest the Tour de France, the world’s best female cyclists are already a stage ahead in their ultimate grand tour, the ten stage Giro Donne. While I am certain to be guilty of focussing much of my attention on the prospects of Canada’s Ryder Hesjedal in the TDF, lets not forget the lone Canadian woman contesting her own Giro. Like Ryder, Clara Hughes knows what it’s like to cary the “weight of a nation” on race day. And also like Ryder, she may be under estimated in her climbing ability, while she is feared by all on a time trial bike. It would be pretty cool to have a Canadian win both Giros this year. Sure, it’s a long shot. Marianne Vos is by far the favourite (currently in pink after stage 1), and Hughes has teamates better suited for the GC, but still, lets not forget to pay this race some attention. Get the latest results here, and for in depth perspective, here.
- We're sad to announce that the won't be a Kettle Cross race in 2015. We hope to be back in 2016. Thanks for your support over the last 3yrs! 2 years ago
- RT @WpgCX2014: Next episode of #CXTV coming later today. We talk with Manitoba's own rising CX star @willem_cx. http://t.co/5ksgriwFeX 3 years ago
- Some sweet finish line acrobatics #KCX2014 http://t.co/0lOvlxEnPI 3 years ago
Join Us!Like what you see? Want to become a member? Send us an email
Recent ResultsJust finish a race? Tell us about it.
- ERROR: Tried to load source page, but remote server reported "403 Forbidden".
- Click on the top link to get the complete calendar. Have a race you want to add? Send us an e-mail.